Wednesday, January 4, 2012

This Week's Menu (January 6-12)

Dinners:
Monday: Hamburger Patties, Mashed Cauliflower, Cabbage w/rice and gravy
Tuesday: Spaghetti*, Salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cheese), Homemade Bread
Wednesday: Beefy Vegetable Soup and cornbread
Thursday: Broccoli Beef, cauliflower "rice"
Friday: Spiced Turkey Loin w/crockpot applesauce, sweet potatoes, green beans
Saturday: Sloppy Joes, Cole Slaw and Homemade Fries
Sunday: Sandwiches, popcorn and fruit

Lunch:
Monday: Tuna Salad w/cucumber and apple slices
Tuesday: Protein Shake made w/unsweetened almond milk (Amarissa: Jelly Sandwich and fruit)
Wednesday: Simple Salad w/ chicken
Thursday: Protein Shake w/ unsweetened almond milk (Amarissa: left over soup and grilled cheese)
Friday: Left over Broccoli Beef
Saturday: Brunch: Grits, Low Carb Breakfast Casserole, sliced fruit
Sunday: Crockpot Chili and grilled cheese

*I make gluten free bread in the bread machine for our kiddos that are gluten sensitive.
Since I am very low carb at this time I serve spaghetti sauce over baked zucchini and squash halves for myself. It is yummy and filling.



2 comments:

Hyperactive Lu said...

Augusta Eats, I believe, posted your blog on Facebook today. How do you mash your cauliflower? I really hate cauliflower, but its in season and its another veggie that needs to be eaten in our home! :) Please share!

DeAnna said...

I use fresh chopped cauliflower to start with. Put 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water in a pot. Salt water well. Bring to a boil put in chopped cauliflower and cook until very tender. Drain, place back in pot, mash with potato masher,season with fresh black pepper and 1/3 cup of low fat sour cream and a pat or 2 of butter. Heat through, serve.

Now I use a whole head of cauliflower for our family of 7 and we usually have a little leftover to serve 2 for lunch.

I had this in a restaurant years ago and it was horrid. I am so glad I decided to give it another try. And I am glad you found our blog.
DeAnna