Monday, January 9, 2012

Date Night!

My Honey and Me

Tonight Donald and I are going out! Date night when you are married and especially when you are raising kids and have crazy jobs is a necessity. It gives us time to reconnect, relax and enjoy some fun. Not to mention, we get to talk without being interrupted. Dating your spouse can be a fun, exciting adventure. We try to have date night at least once a month if possible. Sometimes it is just dessert and the used book store. Some nights we stay in and cook and treat ourselves to a netflix movie after the kids are in bed. It doesn't have to cost a fortune to spend time together. I have even accompanied Donald when he goes golfing. Now I don't golf but I love to read so it gives us time to talk, he gets to do some thing he loves and I can catch up on my reading. Get creative and have fun with it.

So let me tell you how we are going to pull this off and still stay somewhat true to our 31 day buy nothing challenge. For dinner we are headed to a local steakhouse with a gift card that Donald received as a Christmas present, it is a $25.00 card so it will cover almost all of the dinner, and then it is off to the dollar theater to see Courageous! We shouldn't spend any more than $10.00 for a great night out. Wooing your spouse and keeping things balanced is a necessity so I don't feel guilty at all.

No comments: