Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Inflation and Our New Way of Eating

So I had to make another trip to the grocery store this week and I spent $130.00 on groceries. So we didn't quite make it on the $300.00 from last payday. We have found that Amber cannot eat school lunch without it irritating her stomach, so I had to get some lunch stuff.  Donald has also decided to join me in losing weight and is doing low carb so that is more protein being bought. I still don't think we have extended ourselves too much, we are only 2 days from payday and the things I bought today will last at least a week. And lets face it, cooking at home is still cheaper than eating out (especially for our family) so we are still on top. I have also noticed that food seems to have gone up more since I went shopping last, which doesn't make it easy at all. Not to mention that the boys are eating us out of house and home. Looks like they have found those teenage appetites.

No comments: