Monday, January 2, 2012

4th Day of the Buy Nothing Challenge

There is a wonderful air of peace and excitement that has settled over our home. We have started cutting away from our society's message that you have to live in debt and it feels great. This morning my sweet hubby Donald got up and made a wonderful homemade breakfast that included muffins, oatmeal and sausage links complete with sweet tea. Later on today my parents, sister and our 2 nieces and nephew are coming over for a game night and dinner. My mother blessed me by cooking our dinner and is bringing it over. Our families have all been wonderful getting on board with our new frugal lifestyle which makes this even easier on us and has given us much more time bonding as an extended family.

We had a great evening of games and good food. Mama made ham, black eyed peas, rice and cabbage. Tina made apple cobbler and I made raisin oatmeal bread. We played UNO Attack (our family's new obsession) this evening.

Earlier today I had to make a run to get food to make it to payday. I bought Strawberry Jam (High fructose corn syrup free), a pack of garlic bologna (ewe but our kids love it) and 8 eggs, the total was $3.03, then I went by the bread store and bought Sara Lee Honey Wheat bread for $.50 a loaf because they were closing early today and were trying to move product. I stocked up with 7 loaves for $3.54. Not too shabby, $6.57 for a week's worth of lunches and toast. I'll serve with popcorn and fruit for a well rounded meal, from the pantry.

No comments: