Friday, March 30, 2012

10 days out, my first reward.

Today I went for my post op, I am doing great and have 2 more weeks on my liquid diet. As I start to get back into cooking for my family I do want more variety but for the most part I am okay dealing with liquids, they are safe.

After I left the doctor's office I took the girls to preschool, loaded with a yummy bagged lunch and their Easter baskets (1.00 baskets from Family Dollar, they were ecstatic). They begged me to stay and have lunch with them and help with the Easter Egg Hunt, I agreed. So off we went. I was able to see what they do during class time and meet their friends. And I have to tell you that their teachers are amazing. One of the teachers taught our 15 year old when she is was in prek. They love those kiddos and love their jobs and you can tell.

After class time we headed out for lunch, outside, on a towel, on the ground. I was so nervous. However I will have you know that this Mama was able to sit on the ground with her kiddos and have lunch. Not only that I also helped them pickup Easter Eggs and I wasn't winded or hurting after. It was the best feeling. The girls kept telling me, Mama it was so much fun having you eating on the ground with us. I am so glad I decided to go ahead with this surgery. I don't want to miss out on any more memories like this! Nothing tastes as good as today with my girls felt!

No comments: