Tuesday, March 13, 2012

7 days until surgery & Pre-op

Yesterday was my pre-op. We met with Dr. Glass to finalize surgery plans and for a quick physical. Everything went great. He was very pleased with my progress thus far (I lost another 4lbs in the last 5 days!). Then we headed to the hospital for pre-op. I had no clue what to expect. Everyone was super nice and very thorough. They took blood, did and EKG and got my medical history. All paperwork is filled out and my hospital bracelet was ready to go. It still all felt like a dream until the nurse calibrated my spirometer and handed it to me to bring back the day of my surgery. I felt faint and it hit me, this is reality, I am having my gastric bypass in a week!!!! It is funny the things that trigger anxiety.

The liquid diet is going well. The thing I miss the most about eating is the chewing, popsicles help with that. I will continue the liquid diet until my 4th week after surgery, then I can graduate to pureed foods.  I am so scared about what eating will be like after surgery, I am afraid of doing the wrong thing, but thankfully I have an excellent team of doctors to help me through this. And I am encouraged that I have not stopped losing on the liquid diet, for some reason I was worried about that.

No comments: