Sunday, March 4, 2012

Let the Countdown Begin

I decided with my 2 lb weight gain to go ahead with the gastric bypass surgery. Some may say this is too extreme but I have battled my weight for 15 years. I have tried various diets, eating plans whatever you call them to no avail. The low carb diet my doctor has had me on is the first thing to really work, however with that said, when I gained that 2lbs back I realized that I would always battle PCOS, this is what makes my weight loss extremely difficult. Then I looked at the statistics of PCOS going away with gastric bypass and it goes away in a 100% of patients. Now I know that I will always have to stay away from carbs and eat the way my doctors and dietician have taught me but I will then have a very reliable tool to keep the weight off. I have let this weight take enough it is time I reclaim my life for me and my family. I scheduled surgery this past week and the first 2 days I was very melancholy and second guessing my decision. This is when I had to remind myself that I prayed about this for 5 years and never had the peace to even start the process. It was funny I told God that if this surgery was for me then He needed to just bring someone into my life that had this surgery and would just talk to me boldly about it with out them knowing I had thought about it. Last year God brought a dear sweet  lady into my life, Mrs. B. Her grandson attends preschool with our girls. The first day she met me she walked up to me and started telling me about her gastric bypass surgery and how she thought I would benefit, she even used the same practice I had been referred to. God started dealing with me and showing me that if this was in His time I had nothing to fear. So I made my first appointment with Dr. Chasen. At this appointment I learned that Dr. Chasen was relocating and would be leaving the practice. What??? Had I heard God right? I thought He called me to this doctor. The doubts flooded my heart and mind. Then very clearly God spoke to my heart to trust Him to see this journey out. So I went to a seminar where the new doctor was speaking. Dr. Glass takes his job very seriously and truly cares about his patients and their well being.  He is stricter than other Bariatric doctors I have heard of and is too the point, that is exactly what I needed. God showed me that if he called me to Dr. Chasen then he called me to see Dr. Glass since nothing takes Him by surprise. This fact has brought me great peace.

So with that said I start my 2 week liquid diet tomorrow. This is to shrink my liver before the surgery so my doctor has a clear view of my stomach and intestines and also gets me off to a great start on this new weight loss journey. I am hoping it won't be too difficult transitioning since I do have 2 protein shakes a day now, one for breakfast and one for night time snack, and I only eat a small lunch.

I have also found some neat fun dishes and cups to make this journey a little brighter. I will post pics of my goodies tomorrow for you all to see. And please bear with me, this is where I am at right now and I am completely embracing it, so it is pretty much all I talk about. So sit back and come along on the journey of a lifetime, the journey to a new me!

No comments: