Thursday, April 19, 2012

Living Life With No Regrets.

The term "Living Life With No Regrets" is usually used in our society when people do things they should be ashamed of but don't want to take responsibility for their actions. For me it has come to mean something totally different.

A couple of evenings ago Donald and I were talking with my dad about life and the topic of accomplishing your dreams after you raise children came up. My first thought was "There is nothing I want more than to be home raising my children". Then I thought is that too easy? Am I taking the easy way out? So over the next few days I did some soul searching and have come to the conclusion that being married to a Godly man and raising our little ones are my dreams. It is all I have always wanted and I have it. I wouldn't do well juggling work and family, I am the type of person that has to give one thing my all and for me that one thing is my family. How could I ever regret all the afternoons helping the children with their homework, playing games and cooking dinner together? The rewards that I get from being with them are immeasurable and I am sure they will draw on these memories when they are parents raising their children. I also want to be an awesome Grandma when that time comes. You know the type that bakes cookies and holds summer camp at her house for all the grandchildren, yep that is me. I want to pass down a Godly heritage to as many generations of our family as God will allow. How blessed I am to have all that I have always wanted at 37 years old.

No comments: