Sunday, February 5, 2012

Valentine's Day 3 & 4

Michael and Mellisa
I am sorry I haven't posted pics of day 3and 4. Now that the kids have caught on that they are getting something every day for 14 days they rush to their bags to see what goodie mom and dad have stashed away next so quick that I don't get the chance to snap pics, unless I do so before they are home from school, which I have not been doing. So I will just tell you what they got. Day 3 was a valentine's pencil with a mini moon pie. Day 4 were hair bows for the girls and small puzzles for the boys. Tomorrow I will have a pic to share :) since I am up at midnight putting their goodies in bags and packing my sweetie's lunch for work.

Tomorrow we get a very special visit from Donald's cousin Michael and his wife Mellisa. It is always such a sweet time when our two families can relax and spend some time catching up when they are in town. So I will be buying some snacks and putting together an impromptu spread tomorrow in anticipation of their visit. This is one of my favorite things about slowing down and being content with what you have. It allows us the time to get together with family and share more of our life, than if we were both working and running all over creation. I wasn't made to be a soccer mom or to work out of the home. There is nothing I love more than having my family close to me enjoying the simple pleasures of our everyday life.

No comments: