Monday, February 6, 2012

No More Mega Parties!

This year Donald and I have decided that we will throw no more "mega parties" for our kids. Let's face it. kids only want three things when it comes to a party. 1. Friends/Family, 2. Cake and 3.Gifts (and they don't have to be expensive just interesting). Why do we as parents make planning a child's birthday party difficult? In all honesty kids parties have turned into extravagant affairs,that only stress mom and dad out and take a toll on the wallet. Who needs that headache? When I was growing up I think I had like 3 store bought cakes (those were for milestone birthdays like my Sweet 16) the rest were made by my mother with the exception of my 7th birthday cake. My Aunt Dee made me a pink three tiered heart cake, I still remember that cake to this day, and I loved it! So we are getting back to our roots in regards to parties. And let's face it we do have 5 children who will hopefully someday either go to college or get married and that money can be put to better use.

No comments: