Saturday, February 25, 2012

Losing Weight Adventurously

Last week's 1/2 basket

Last weeks full basket

So last week I joined a veggie co-op. We have been looking for a good one since Amarissa was born. So basically I place my order each week and then on Saturday I go pick up my baskets of goodies (since we are a larger family I buy and basket and a half). This has challenged me to step out of my comfort zone when it comes to healthy eating. Last week we stayed pretty close to our comfort zone but this week we are trying fresh roasted beets and their greens and turnip greens. I am eating and liking foods I never would have thought possible. Until this week I had only tasted canned beets, not a good thing. I never ate greens except spinach in salad, now I am eating them boiled, baked and fresh. The best part is I feel great. So I challenge you this week to try a new veggie and a new fruit. Get creative with it and most importantly have fun!

Our spinach and strawberries

No comments: