Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Today Donald and I celebrate our 9th Valentine's Day together. I have been in a reflective mood this year as we approached Valentine's day. As I look back on our 9 years there are a lot of great memories. God has packed a lot of blessings in our time together. We met, got engaged, we were married, bought a house, I adopted Amber and Alex, we adopted 3 blessings together and he has become my best friend. I am still in awe that I get to spend everyday as his wife and the mother to his children.

picture taken by Jennifer Chastain.
I met Donald when I least expected to find the love of my life. And if I had been really stubborn I would have missed him completely. We have all seen the online dating ads that claim to allow you to meet someone based on your parameters and that gives you a greater relationship and a better chance at succeeding. Well, if I had thought like that I would have missed the greatest blessing in my life (apart from my Lord). I never wanted to marry a man with children, ever. Donald was raising 2. I said I would never go on another blind date....His sister set us up. Donald loves contemporary christian music and I couldn't stand it. I am a HUGE worrier, Donald is laid back and happy almost all of the time. We are opposites on so many levels, however God has made us best friends and has given us a wonderful life together.  I am thankful God blessed me outside of my comfort zone. I have learned so much thanks to my dear husband, and I cannot wait to see what the next 9 Valentine's Days bring us! I love you honey!

No comments: