Friday, October 4, 2013

My after surgery regiment.



3 UpCalD Packets daily 500mg of Calcium Citrate, 500IU of Vitamin D
2 Celebrate Bariatric Multvitamin w/iron (I take one in the morning and one at night)
1 Sublingual B-12 tablet (I get these from Walmart for 1.97)

Breakfast is usually a protein shake made with Whey Protein Isolate (Unjury is my favorite) with 8oz of FF milk. Lunch and Dinner is protein and a little bit of a low carb vegetable. Not to exceed 1 cup. I also sip, sip, sip Powerade 0, Hawaiian Punch Sugar Free Drink Packs and water all through out the day to stay hydrated. The key is to get in your protein first and foremost.

My fave sources of protein:
Low Fat Cottage Cheese, Deli Meats, Poached Chicken Breast, Eggs, 1.00 Ribeyes from the dollar store, Low Fat Cheeses, Hamburger Meat (seasoned), Unjury Protein Powder.

I cannot tolerate fish at all but that would be a great source of lowfat protein if you can tolerate it.

***Make sure you take your Multi-vitamin with iron at least 2 hours apart from your calcium supplement and do not take it with any dairy products. Calcium binds iron and prevents it from absorbing so you have to separate the doses.*****

No comments: