Friday, September 6, 2013

Leaving Mediocrity!


We do not serve a mediocre God. As Christians we are to show God and His Character to this dark sin cursed world. God is calling me out of MY mediocrity! What does it mean to be mediocre?

me·di·o·cre
ˌmēdēˈōkər/
adjective: mediocre
  1. 1.
    of only moderate quality; not very good.
    "a mediocre actor"
    synonyms:ordinary, average, middling, middle-of-the-road, uninspired, undistinguished, indifferent, unexceptional, unexciting, unremarkable, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian, prosaic, lackluster, forgettable, amateur, amateurish; More
    informalOK, so-so, ‘comme ci, comme ça’, plain-vanilla, fair-to-middling, no great shakes, not up to much, bush-league
    "a mediocre performance"
    antonyms:excellent
Origin

Luke 1:49 ~ "For the Mighty One has done great things for me; And holy is His name.
 Not very good? We serve a PERFECT God, who has limitless power and is longsuffering toward us and forgiving of our sins and shortcomings. And I have been content, yes content to hide His wonder and magnificence from those that need Him. No more! This act has caused me to be spiritually sick, to miss out on God's best blessings for my life. There is no room for bitterness, jealousy and the like in my walk with Christ or with other Christians. We all have our own unique place in this Family, He doesn't love one more or greater than the others. He died for us all and we need to rally out of our mediocrity and share Him with a lost and dying world that need Him,there is work to be done that is of the utmost importance. We are not to be sidetracked with bitterness, anger and sin. I am to stop intentionally depriving this world of their HOPE. I know that my Heavenly Father calls me to encourage and build up my brothers and sisters in Christ, to witness and share Him with the Lost and when I don't obey I am intentionally (choosing) to deprive others of Christ. That is serious. Christ gave His all for me, because He loved me and He deserves my all.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. ~2 Timothy 1:7

Psalm 28:7-8 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.  The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.

Isaiah 33:2 O LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.

Romans 14:9   Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

Will you join me on my journey to leave the state of mediocrity and travel to the land of Greatness in our Savior?



No comments: