Thursday, August 15, 2013

My wonderful birthday find!



Our 2 little princesses will be turning 6 and 7 here in a few weeks. It is a tall order to get everyone ready for school and celebrate 2 birthdays in the same month. So I was scrambling looking for a frugal idea. Then I found these adorable dolls online at the Target website. They were a little out of our budget at $22.99 a piece. I didn't have enough time to build up my swagbucks to help so what was I to do? I looked at other gifts but they just weren't doing it for me or for the girls. So last night while the teens and hubby were at an activity we loaded up and took off to K-Mart who also has a version of these dolls. I wanted to see if they were less expensive or possibly on sale. We get to K-Mart and they have 0 dolls in stock. So we got the wild notion to drive to Target and just look. I am so glad we did. This week Target has these beautiful dolls on sale for $18.99 putting them under my $20.00 budget. So I bought them. They also have the outfits and small playsets on sale. And I love that they are made so much like the American Girl dolls but at a much more affordable price. In fact when the girls saw them they didn't know that they weren't the AG dolls. In fact they call Kendra (the redhead) Saige. So I am one happy Mama! They are going to love their birthday gifts, not to mention all the fun we will have collecting their accessories each holiday and birthday! Remember it pays to window shop!

No comments: