Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Battle In America

It seems these are uncertain days in America. The economy is insane, there are many people out of work, losing their homes and then we have the marriage debate going on. Through all of this we are suppose to maintain order in our daily lives. How do we do this? I say give it to God. He is the creator of all things, the One Living God, He is more than able to handle this. This reminds me of God's account of Elijah trusting God to show Himself when others were turned to Baal in 1 Kings 18 . If you have not read this chapter I challenge you to. I wanted to stand up and cheer as I finished reading what God chose to do here...this is the same God I serve today. He is able to do anything! I don't believe God wants us pre-occupied with political issues. In His word He gives ALL Christians a direct command to go out and tell the World of Him and His Son dying for their sins. This is what we should be doing as we see things changing around us. This world is not our home, it is not where things will be easy or comfortable for us as children of God and lets not forget that there are many who do not know Him, we should not stand idly by while others die without Him. I say let us be about Our Father's business.

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Matthew 28:18-20 KJV

We have decided in our little house to set aside time after dinner each night to pray for our Country, The hearts of Christians living in America (that they would repent and turn from known sin and serve God with new vigor) and for our politicians and leaders (that they not be swayed with peer pressure, worldly influence and that if they are not saved born again children of God, God will set people in their path to witness to them and bring them under conviction that they might be saved.) Will you join us and set aside time to deliberately pray for our nation, it's citizens and leaders. What a testimony to God's Greatness this would be!

ll Chronicles 7:14 KJV  
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

No comments: