Friday, December 6, 2013

The Lord Will Provide...

was the enduring lesson for me today. Our vow renewal is a week away. A relative offered to make outfits for our 4 youngest children and was unable to do so. We found this out less than a week ago. This put me in a major panic. If you know me, I am a planner. I do not like surprises at all. Then today more surprises cropped up in the form of a car repair bill we were not anticipating (I know, I know, we own a car, we should always be prepared for maintanence.) my alterations on my dress were higher than we budgeted and there were not 4 coordinating Christmas outfits to be found in the 4 stores I went to today. I was in tears. This was not how I wanted this to be. I wanted it to be easy and frugal. Things were not going according to plan. After bawling on the phone with Donald and having him reassure me things would be fine. I headed to the mechanics to pay his repair bill, with a heavy heart. While I was there, I kept feeling a need to stop by a local clothing store. Guess what God had placed there? A size 8 (Amarissa's size) moss green and ivory Bonnie Jean dress for way less than retail price, gotta love Christmas sales. I started crying and praising God, He cares about the little things, and this lifted a HUGE weight off my shoulders. Then I headed to Walmart and found 2 Christmas plaid shirts with the same green that was in Amarissa's dress, I bought the boys their shirts. Now all I have left is a shirt for Donald, with all of the budget changes we decided to forgo the tux and just do casual with my classy gown. I think it is perfect, I think it is more "us". So now I am going to take a deep breath and try to enjoy my last days of planning, wish me luck!

No comments: