Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Things I can do now...

I am 104lbs lighter than I was in November of 2011. I still do not own a scale because I refuse to let my weight define who I am. I follow my doctor's plan, if I do that I will get to where I need to be. If we hit a hiccup, he knows how to fix it. So with that said I look to nonscale milestones to see my success. And I must say all of these things are better than the best piece of cake, pie, candy, etc.

1. I no longer need my seatbelt extender when I buckle up.
2. I can cross my legs like a lady.
3. I can now walk 12 hrs without feeling like I am going to die.
    (thank you day at Kings Island)
4. My kids can wrap their arms around me for the best hugs ever.
5. I can run after my kiddos.
6. I can use a Wii Fit.
7. I can hold my toddlers on my lap now.
8. I fit in movie theater seats.
9. I can ride theme park rides.
10. I can tie my own shoes.

This is my inspiration to keep going. Each day I get a little more of my life back.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

DeAnna,
That is so totally awesome! You go, girl! I love that you are not letting the scale define you, and if it's any comfort to you, I have significant hair loss as well, and I haven't had any major surgery to contribute to it. No one wants to take a shower after me, unless I clean the tub right then and there. LOL! Take Care God Bless!

Cathy said...

DeAnna,
That is so totally awesome! You go, girl! I love that you are not letting the scale define you, and if it's any comfort to you, I have significant hair loss as well, and I haven't had any major surgery to contribute to it. No one wants to take a shower after me, unless I clean the tub right then and there. LOL! Take Care God Bless!

Allison said...

I am so proud of you! You are awesome and amazing!