Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Simple Things

This week I have been very overwhelmed. The laundry is threatening a hostile take-over, the kitchen has shrunk several square feet, and the children have decided every thing mommy says can and will be ignored regardless of the consequence. So with that said I have been trying to find "quiet time" with the Lord anywhere I can. And this week I stumbled upon a very surprising "place". At my kitchen sink with my hands in warm soapy water manually washing the dishes. I can clear my head, pray and listen to what My heavenly Father is saying to calm and quiet my spirit and bring orderliness back to our home. Technology is not always a good thing especially to a weary mom of 5....so next time you feel worn down, pull out the Dawn and get to scrubbing.

No comments: